P&O Ferries is the UK’s leading ferry operator and has a long established brand in the shipping and logistics sectors. The Company operates the most frequent and comprehensive routes between the UK, France, Belgium, Holland, Ireland and Scotland.
Electro Technical Officer
DOVER / CALAIS
Purpose of the Role
Reporting to the Chief Engineer Officer, this role is accountable for the maintenance and repair of all the ship’s electrical & electronic equipment
Key Role deliverables
• Maintenance and repair of ship’s electrical installation and electrical equipment in compliance with statute, company, MCA and IEE regulations and requirements
• Maintenance of lighting levels and maintenance and testing of emergency lighting system as required by regulations
• Ensuring that fleet regulations within area of accountability are read, understood and applied
• Planning repair lists and refit specifications for electronic equipment
• Supervision of electrical and electronic contractors working on board ship if and when engaged
Essential Knowledge and Skills required
• STCW Reg VI/1 Basic Safety certification and a valid ENG1 medical certificate
• Qualification in a recognised electrical discipline with demonstrated time served in apprenticeship or similar training
• Able to develop operational practices & procedures and assist with the preparation of ship’s budget
• Good interpersonal, organisational and leadership skills
• Excellent understanding of safe working practices, risk assessment, safe work procedures, onboard training & PM requirements and compiling safe work procedures
• Experience of electrical power supply and distribution systems
• Experience of control room and machinery, space control and alarm systems, including instrumentation and fault/data logging systems
• Willing to work on any company vessel
Knowledge & Skills – Desirable:
• STCW Reg V/2 Safety certification,
• STCW Reg III/6 ETO HND or FD qualification
• Good understanding of the ETO responsibilities / duties and able to work unassisted to plan work routines and liaise with CEO, 2EO and other departments
• Experience of marine engineering, electrical power supply & distribution systems
• Good understanding of HSE requirements – particularly in relation to electrical systems and maintenance of monitoring equipment. High-Voltage training
• Integrity, Can do attitude, Team Spirit, Innovative, Simplicity
If this sounds like the challenge you would enjoy, we would love to hear from you!
To apply, please send your CV together with a cover letter motivating your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the role in the Subject line.
Channel View Road
Closing date: 12/06/2014
We are an equal opportunities employer.