Dover - CalaisroutesHull - RotterdamroutesHull - ZeebruggeroutesCairnryan - LarneroutesDublin - LiverpoolroutesTroon - Larneroutestravel informationroutes
Dover - CalaisonboardHull - RotterdamonboardHull - ZeebruggeonboardCairnryan - Larne onboardTroon - LarneonboardLiverpool DublinonboardIrish Sea improvementsonboardshoppingonboardforeign exchangeonboardtaking your petonboardgamesonboard
short sea offersoffersIrish Sea offersoffersdisneyland offersoffersclub lounge on the Irish Seaoffersseason ticketsoffersFamily Foot passenger Day Tripoffers
minicruises from Hullminicruiseminicruises from Doverminicruisethemed minicruisesminicruiseNew Year's Eve party 2014minicruise
disneyland parisaccommodationsuperbreakaccommodationcottages - France, Ireland, UKaccommodationholiday parksaccommodationluxury mobiles & campingaccommodationskiaccommodationbooking.comaccommodation
Our travel insurance features a range of options for our customers, with additional cover for camping, driving, golf and motorcycle holidays. And we’ve gone the extra mile for our independently-minded travellers by including valuable travel disruption cover, which comes as standard. Whatever your travel plans, take a look protecting them now.
get a quote »
Information and advice for cyclists whilst using the port of Dover
Advice for cyclists whilst in the Port of Dover:
• All routes through the ferry terminal, to and from our ferries, are One Way. Wherever possible, a thick red line is painted on the roadway along with the display of pictorial symbols and directional arrows indicating the route cyclists must take - this route minimises interaction with freight vehicles.
• Riders should ensure that they are sufficiently visible by their clothing and that cycles are equipped with lights.
• Cyclists should be able to ride comfortably with any baggage carried in backpacks or bicycle panniers.
• Riders in groups should pass through the terminal in single file, keeping to the side of the road indicated by the red line,
• Any groups greater than 30 should advise our dedicated Group Department in advance as special provisions may be required in conjunction with Port of Dover staff
Check in is completed at the Drivers Reception Building situated on the right once you have passed through the East Gate check point.
- Large groups to only send group leader in to complete check in procedure whilst others travel directly to dedicated Assembly lane to wait for embarkation.
- Small groups to check in at Drivers Reception building where you will be issued with a Lane number.
• The safety of pedestrians must be respected on any shared sections of the route.
• Unless otherwise instructed, entry and exit from the ferry terminal is on the cliff side of the entrance joining the National Cycle Routes.
• Cyclists must await instructions from our staff to either join or leave the ferry. It is very important that, at the point where the loading bridge crosses onto the vessel deck, cyclists dismount and walk across as unexpected movements of the bridge may occur.
• When leaving the ferry in Dover cyclists should join the red line to the dock exit. Do not attempt to cycle up the exit ramps onto the overhead roadway. The red line will direct you to a gate at ground level.
P&O Ferries wish you a safe and enjoyable journey