Complaints Handling Procedure
Updated: Tue 20 Oct 2020
At P&O Ferries, we strive to make your experience when traveling with us the best it can be. However, we do recognise that things can go wrong and our Complaints Procedure is a commitment of what you can expect from us.
The complaints handling procedure aims to:
- Be easy to use and customer focused
- Ensure efficient handling of a complaint and provide a full response within the timescales outlined
- Full and fair investigations undertaken where appropriate.
- Ensure a quality reply and observe minimum compensation levels set out in Regulation (EU) No 1177/2010 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 24 November 2010 concerning the rights of passengers when travelling by sea and inland waterway
- Provide information to the business so that improvements can be made
- Adapt to changing circumstances through an annual review
2. Let us know
P&O Ferries focus on providing high quality service to all our customers. Telling us when we have not delivered this or fallen short of your expectations is very important to us, we want this opportunity to do everything we can to put this right. We take your concerns and feedback very seriously and learn from them to continually enhance our service, we appreciate you taking the time to help us improve what we do.
When you have cause for complaint or a problem arises, we want to know at the earliest opportunity. There are several ways to make us aware depending on when you experience a problem;
3. Our Frontline Staff
Where possible, we would always ask that any complaint or issue is brought to the attention of our frontline staff, either at the port or while on board. We want to help resolve your complaint as quickly as possible, our team will act immediately in finding a solution to the problem.
4. The Care Team
If our frontline staff are unable to resolve your complaint or if you wish to deal with your complaint upon your return, The Care Team are on hand to assist and can be contacted on the details below.
- Email: Customer.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Postal Address: P&O Ferries Care Team, Customer Experience Department, Channel House, Channel View road, Dover, Kent, CT17 9TJ
Our Care Team will fully investigate all complaints, to ensure the proposed outcome is fair and proportionate. All complaints will be handled by a Care Team Executive who has not been involved in the subject matter of your complaint, to provide assurance of impartiality.
We aim to respond to your complaint, in full within 14 days. All complaints will be fully replied to within 28 days.
If you continue to remain dissatisfied with the outcome of your complaint, this can be escalated to the Customer Relations Manager for a final review. The Customer Relations Manager will aim to respond within 5 working days, if this is not possible we will let you know.
5. Passenger Rights
If you have a complaint regarding the application of the legislation, you must submit this in writing within 2 months from the date of travel, using the contact details above. We will let you know the final outcome of your complaint within 2 months of receiving it, we will keep you informed and will let you know within 1 month if further investigation is required.
All complaints should be submitted to P&O Ferries in the first instance but if you remain unhappy with the response you have received from us, and would like an impartial review of your complaint you can do so by contacting the Passenger Shipping Association or ABTA.
6. Property Damage, Losses, Personal Injury
All claims for property damage, losses and personal injury should be made in writing and addressed to Commercial Services at the following address;
Claims Department, Channel House, Channel View Road, Dover, CT17 9TJ