Sign up to our Newsletter + be entered into our monthly prize draw to win a free crossing!
Updated: Fri 2 Jun 2023Email sign up Competition Terms
P&O Ferries: February 2023 email sign up competition - Prize Winner Terms and Conditions
Prize Details: Prize consists of a return crossing on a P&O Ferries route. There is one (1) prize to be won per calendar month. For further information, see Terms and Conditions clause 7: The Prize.
Terms and Conditions:
1. ELIGIBILITY: This P&O Ferries Competition (the “Competition”), is open to those of 18 years of age or older and who choose to enter the Competition (“Participant”). Any entrant under the age of 18 must have obtained either parent or guardian consent to their entry and participation in the Competition. Employees, directors and officers, and their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings and their respective spouses), and their respective household members, of P&O Ferries (“Sponsor”), their parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising and Competition agencies are not eligible to enter. The laws and courts of England & Wales govern this Competition. By making a competition entry, the Participant will be deemed to have read and understood these terms and conditions and to be bound by them. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and the competitor agrees to abide by these rules.
2. SPONSOR: The Sponsor for this competition is P&O Ferries Holdings Ltd, Channel House, Channel View Road, Dover, Kent CT17 9TJ
3. COMPETITION TIMING: The competition begins on the first day of each calendar month and a winner will be drawn on the 25th of each calendar month.
4. HOW TO ENTER: The promotion is a free prize draw and is open to anyone who signs up to P&O Ferries marketing emails via the sign-up posters onboard our Dover to Calais route. Only one entry per Participant.
5. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION / EXCLUSION: By entering, Participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules including all eligibility requirements. Participant represents and warrants that he/she has the right and authority to enter into this Competition on his/her own behalf (or consent from parent or guardian if under the age of 18) and that his/her entry is original and he/she has the right to assign the entry to Sponsor on the terms set out herein. Sponsor is not responsible for late, incomplete, illegible, damaged or misdirected entries. Sponsor may disqualify any Participants who do not act in accordance with these Official Rules or who are suspected to have been involved in any fraudulent or illegal activity. The use of automated processes, scripts or any other measures to manipulate the Promotion is forbidden and shall lead to the disqualification of the Participant.
By entering this competition, Participants are consenting to receiving relevant communications from Sponsor and its parent companies, affiliates, or subsidiaries, including marketing communications and news, events, offers and competitions. The first and last name of the Winner may be announced via the P&O Ferries Facebook page. The Winner (as defined below) may be required to participate in reasonable social media activities promoting P&O Ferries, including by posting about their win on Facebook, Instagram and/or Twitter (as reasonably directed by the Sponsor).
6. DETERMINATION OF WINNER: The winner will be chosen at random from all eligible entries and will be notified via email within 5 working days after the draw.
The decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Once notified, the winner must acknowledge within five working days and begin to make arrangements to claim the prize.
7. THE PRIZE: The Prize consists of a standard ticket return crossing for four passengers and one car on P&O Ferries Dover – Calais route.
The Prize is non-transferable; no substitutions or cash alternatives are permitted, except by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. All taxes and any other costs related to this Prize not specifically stated within these Official Rules are the sole responsibility of the winner. The Prize must be taken and completed within one calendar year of the winner being notified.
8. ASSIGNMENT OF RIGHTS: By entering, Participants unconditionally assigns and transfers to Sponsor all rights, title and interest in and to his/her entry, including, without limitation, the copyright therein. Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to edit, composite, morph, scan, duplicate, broadcast, publish or otherwise use (and authorise others to use) the entry for any purpose which Sponsor deems necessary or desirable including on Sponsor’s websites, in film and other broadcasts, and through social media channels (including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram and Twitter), and each Participant irrevocably waives any and all so-called moral rights he/she may have in the entry. By accepting this prize, the Winner consents to the use of his/her name for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes by Sponsor, or a party designated by Sponsor in connection with the entry, including but not limited to, any online announcements, without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
9. TRAVEL The travel element of any competition prize is subject to P&O Ferries' normal
conditions of carriage and availability. All tickets in connection with the competition are non-exchangeable and may not be transferred to third parties. In the event of cancellation by winners, for whatever reason, no alternative need be given. Once the booking is confirmed reservations may not be changed. All other expenses associated with taking the trip shall be the responsibility of the winner.
P&O Ferries will not be liable for passengers failing to make the departure times indicated on their tickets. Participants agree that they are required to use their own vehicle to arrive at departure ports.
Passengers must ensure they comply in full with all relevant customs and immigration requirements, including the appropriate passport and visa requirements. Passengers are strongly advised to take out adequate travel insurance.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: P&O Ferries will not liable for any failure to fulfil this offer where such failure is caused by any supervening circumstances amounting to force majeure. Such circumstances shall include, but shall not be limited to severe weather conditions, fire, flood, war, earthquake, riots, industrial dispute, acts of God, supervening legislation or events which, without the fault of either party, render performance impossible or incapable of satisfactory execution.
11. GENERAL: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, suspend or modify part or all of this Competition at any time without notice, if in the Sponsor’s opinion there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Competition, or if virus, bugs, non-authorised human intervention, fraud or other causes corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or integrity and proper play of the Competition. In such event, Sponsor may void any entries it suspects are at issue and award the prize(s) from among all eligible entries received up to the date of cancellation. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify Participants who violate these Official Rules.
12. PRIVACY: Information collected from Participants will only be used for the purposes of entry into the Competition and the purposes set out in the clauses above. Any personal information provided by the Participant in connection with the Competition will be collected and processed by the Sponsor and P&O Ferries Holdings Ltd, Channel House, Channel View Road, Dover, Kent CT17 9TJ under the laws of the United Kingdom